William B Lawrence's Painting Light and Shadow in Watercolor
Push your watercolor painting to the next level by mastering the use of color, light, and shadows. Go beyond trying to copy what you see by designing with shapes, shadows, and highlights. Deepen the expressive nature of your paintings as you capture the subject's luminosity. Master painter William B. Lawrence offers hands-on techniques and insights for intermediate to advanced artists.
Light and color take the viewer on a journey. Properly harnessed, they can convey emotion, create a mood, or tell a story. Whether your work is realistic, expressive, or abstract, the options are unlimited. Lawrence explores pattern, hue, contrast, and texture in this treasured classic. Using a combination of theory, demonstration, and practical suggestions this new arsenal of tools, will help you grow as an artist.
Other techniques covered include:
- how to design with light and shadow
- the use of overlapping patterns
- how light can express movement.
- Learning to use light and dark to add drama and intensity to your work.
- Discover how to guide the viewer's eye through floodlights, spotlights, and other advanced light-manipulation techniques.
Painting Light and Shadow in Watercolor will help you create radiant watercolor paintings and give you greater painting pleasure as you develop new skills which bring your imagination to life.
Painting Light and Shadow in Watercolor